Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

More Mayhem!

My attention (wandering at best!) has once more been called back to 10mm Fantasy gaming thanks to Brent Spivey's recent update on his excellent rules system, Mayhem.


He has expanded the original rules set to include War Machines, Magic and a whole host of other tweaks to the original game, including a new unit profile characteristic and unit designations. I've got a bit if bedtime reading to do to catch up on the changes, but it was the War Machines that caught my eye and Brent's entirely provocative suggestion that I play my Engines of Avalone scenario with his new rules!

A while back I had great fun trying out the original rules with my Harrison's Ford game.
Well I can't turn down a suggestion like that and having chatted to Warlord Paul after yesterday's Rogue Trader game, I have a willing opponent who also happens to own a load of 10mm Warmaster stuff too!

Brent has been kind enough to supply me with some excellent suggestions for Oldhammering up the unit profiles for the necessary troop types so I'd best get on with squeezing some Empire and Dwarf cannon into my painting schedule...


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Gareth - it'll be nice to do a bit more 10mm painting but it's going to be a squeeze fitting it in with some of the other stuff I'm currently doing.

    Then again there's another game of Mayhem to look forward to once its done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Into the painting queue goes a box of neglected Orcs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - I can't move for Skeletons at the moment!

    ReplyDelete